This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE2>iM

Started by SuperBru, August 24, 2013 · 9 Replies · 326 Views

SuperBru

Hi all,

 

For this mobility exercise how heavy must the bar be, it does not explicitly state this.

 

Thanks in advance.

Christian

I think the minimum weight should be 5 lbs, then of course increasing as you get better.

Arto

.

Christian

I would say yes. That's a nice weight to make you feel the bar, but not so much as to give control issues. Of course this is my opinion/guess.

Alessandro Mainente

yes as christian said. mobility for handstand must be done with overweight. At least 2-2.5 kg.

SuperBru

I have been doing them with 2.5kg, however my form is terrible. I might start off without weight and build up to the 2.5 kg.

Micawberian
SuperBru said:

I have been doing them with 2.5kg, however my form is terrible. I might start off without weight and build up to the 2.5 kg.

Coach has recommened that you always have some weight on the bar to correctly fire the muscles of the shoulder girdle.

Michael S.
Biren P. said:

Coach has recommened that you always have some weight on the bar to correctly fire the muscles of the shoulder girdle.

 

This. Its better to use a really wide grip and and make it narrower over time instead of doing the IMs unweighted or with too little weight. 2.5kg should be minimum.

SuperBru

Okay, I shall do them weighted.

Adriano Augusto

We're right on the subject about the weight; must be always weighted, but I don't think the weight should be always 2.5kg minimum, because on some elements that's too much weight to start.

 

I do iM2 unweighted at shoulder weidth, but when I put my minimum disc (2kg) and I shot to double shoulder weidth, I can't lift the bar to that range; not even close. BUT, if I put 1kg disc and try it at shoulder weidth (before a good warm up and severals tries), I do it and I feel I'm targeting the right muscles (traps) to lift the stick. That's my weight to start, 1kg; that to my muscles is more than none weight.

 

Increasing the weight over time to at least 2/2.5kg it's the objetive, but I think it's not mandatory using 2 or 2.5kg always. 

 

Before mastered the iM, we can increasing the weight to 7/8kg, that for sure. I think Charm said that now that he puts 7/8kg to the dislocates is when he's feeling the real burn in the exercise. 

 

Increases of 500gr over time maybe it's the way to go to some people until get to 2,5kg; a little brick at the time.