This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Rest between exercises?

Started by Cody Ward, August 23, 2013 · 8 Replies · 232 Views

Cody Ward

I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but I searched for it and I couldn't find it.

Anyways, I know that there is no rest in between sets, but is there rest in between exercises? I planned on doing it without rest anyways.

Joshua Slocum

Keep it to a minimum, but you can take a few minutes if you need it. 

FredInChina

Yes, but minimal: shake it up, sip a bit of water, munch 3 raisins, and move on. :)

 

[edit] haha, Josh beat me to it!

Cody Ward

Thanks for the answers. By the way, am I supposed to follow the exercises in order? Like...

FL
sPL
HBP
RC
MN
SL
SLS

If so... I'm ready for the pain. :) Going from sPL straight to HBP is going to be hard.

B1214N

It's no rest in between exercises for mastery, right?

Cody Ward

Yeah, that's right, the only rest you get is the mobility.

federicoC

I take 1'30"/2' rest between exercises (note: not sets, of course). Enough to drink some water and prepare for the next one.

trw
B1214N said:

It's no rest in between exercises for mastery, right?

 

I think mastery applies specifically to one exercise at a time. It's no rest between sets of that exercise, if that's what you mean. But if you do mean between exercises, then all your progressions would have to line up at Week 11 simultaneously. I don't know about you, but that never happens for me.

federicoC

But even if the exercises all line up at week 11, I think you should still rest and perform proper WU before going to do the mastery attempt for the next element. Please correct me if I am wrong.