This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Every Other Day Training what format?

Started by blueonblack0, August 22, 2013 · 4 Replies · 174 Views

blueonblack0

Hey, 

 

I have just bought the program and am wondering if I should use the 3 day a week or 4 day a week program.  Because I don't work a normal work week, I have found an every other day training routine works best for me.  I like having a day of rest after each day of training, and usually don't find it necessary for a two day rest period week to week.  If I am feeling overtrained I just add a few days of rest and continue training every other day.  So, I'm wondering if I should go with the 3 day a week training program or the 4 day a week?  If I do an every other day training schedule I pretty well have 4 days of training the first week than 3 the second.  Thoughts?..

Michael Borregaard
blueonblack0 said:

Hey, 

 

I have just bought the program and am wondering if I should use the 3 day a week or 4 day a week program.  Because I don't work a normal work week, I have found an every other day training routine works best for me.  I like having a day of rest after each day of training, and usually don't find it necessary for a two day rest period week to week.  If I am feeling overtrained I just add a few days of rest and continue training every other day.  So, I'm wondering if I should go with the 3 day a week training program or the 4 day a week?  If I do an every other day training schedule I pretty well have 4 days of training the first week than 3 the second.  Thoughts?..

Both the 3 and 4 day rutines involves simply alternating between FL + sPL + HBP + RC and SL + MN + SLS for workouts. So that should be easy to adapt to your schedule.

Michael S.

I also don't have a normal work week, actually completely random duty rosters with lots of travelling each month so its impossible for me to follow one of the standard templates, so this is what i'm doing which works for me quite well:

 

1.) Don't overly stress yourself and accept that every now and then you will miss a training day, progress will most probably be a bit slower but even slower progress is progress so don't worry too much about it.

 

2.) I try to follow a four days training F1 Split + H1 each day per minimum 6, maximum 8  consecutive days. Also i will have minimum two rest days in a row before moving up a week and on second priority i will add a rest day between the second and third workout day. If my work schedule really gets in the way i will do one F7 workout instead of two workouts F1 Split but im really trying to do that  seldom as its very hard and draining for me.

 

3.) For Deload Weeks, i take at least 7 consecutive days, more if i need to fit it in my schedule. I need the rest :-)

 

Its not ideal but it is as good as it gets for me.

blueonblack0

Six consecutive days seems like a lot, but than again it all depends on your recovery ability.  If I could I would train every day.  Do other people also find they can train more on this program than is prescribed?  

Cody Ward

I just got F1, and I plan on doing all of the exercises 3x a week. (F7)

This works best for me since I train gymnastics twice a week on off days and I also get more work done this way. As opposed to the 5 days schedule only lets you work some of the elements 2x a week.