This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP PE3

Started by dritar, August 22, 2013 · 3 Replies · 205 Views

dritar

I have the distinct impression that this might've been addressed before but I couldn't find the topic.

 

Is it ok to start from the bottom position in HBP PE3 ? I'm finding if I do these the pushup feels more consistent and harder because I'm probably leaning more with better form than if I actually try to start from the top and lean into the position (I'm on sPL PE3 so I'm weak at PL leans).

 

The difference for me is mostly that in the bottom position one can adjust the hand positioning with relation to the center of mass and take note of visual cues to keep a straight pushup without also doing this in a planche lean.

Cody Ward

If you're weak on planche leans, how exactly are you going to hold the top of the push-up?


Perhaps I misunderstood, but a HBP starts in a planche lean anyways, so I'd say there's more benefit in doing it that way.

Guest

Someone asked this exact same question awhile ago. When doing HBP/PE3, just do a slight lean and slowly increase it over time until it is correct form. You will also get a bit stronger at planche leans in the process!

B1214N

Starting from the bottom is actually harder than starting from the top because you start with no tension to help you and it's much harder to generate that tension from a relaxed position. You also don't get any stretch reflex to help you.