This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Mastering all PEs

Started by garyyyyt, August 21, 2013 · 12 Replies · 389 Views

garyyyyt

Hi, I bought the Foundation Series a couple months a ago and have been holding off starting the program because I really wanted to understand all that was required. 

 

I started Day 1 yesterday with some PEs with the Week 11 sets and I realized that to fully complete all the PEs (starting for PE1 for all the moves) for the 7 fundamental moves, it is going to take 6PEs x 12 weeks = 72 weeks. That's 13 months.

 

Unless I'm reading it wrongly. 

Michael Borregaard

6 x 12 is 72 weeks. However, how long it takes you will depend on where you start and how fast you progress.

Christian

Some will take less than 12 weeks some will take more. When you master one, you test week 11 on the next one. Like when I mastered FL/PE4, I managed to do full mastery on PE5 immediately next training. Then almost PE6. So lets say I did 8 weeks on PE4, 1 day PE5 and looks like 1 week PE6.

Just remember you also need to master the iM.

FredInChina
garyyyyt said:
(...) 6PEs x 12 weeks = 32 weeks (...)

 

:D Good luck... :P

Mark Collins

I have been on one exercise for 20 weeks. So I doubt you will get it that quick, unless you are a freak.

garyyyyt
Michael Borregaard said:

6 x 12 is 72 weeks. However, how long it takes you will depend on where you start and how fast you progress.

 

 

FredInChina said:

:D Good luck... :P

HAHA I'm sorry for the bad math. 

gohei_

You should not think too much about how much time it's gonna take. As has been mentioned some progressions will go really fast and others you might spend 6 months on, arch hold for example :P

dritar
gohei_ said:

You should not think too much about how much time it's gonna take. As has been mentioned some progressions will go really fast and others you might spend 6 months on, arch hold for example :P

Tell me the secret to get it in 6 months only :D.

Jon Douglas

I just wrote this in another thread in the HS forum for the same question. In case you don't have access to that, here it is;

 

Generally we have been talking about splitting one cycle into three mini-cycles beginning wks 1, 5, 9. Depending on how much you are currently capable of (ie how far from mastery benchmarks you are) you may not need the full 12 week rotation to get your PE/IM up to the standard.

You should also run your first session with each new progression as a test to see how close you are. Then you can make an informed (ego aside) decision on where to begin this time.

Progress tends to come in stops and starts, spurts and bottlenecks. I spent several months working through the <very basic h1 elements> elements, then 3 months on <slightly less basic h1 element>. Working the hell out of it made testing through the next few elements easy, until I hit the next bottleneck (representing a major weak link in my str or mobility). Try to enjoy the journey :)

Joshua Slocum

Another important thing to consider is that Foundation represents the minimal amount of work necessary to master the final movements. There's no filler: all the exercises are included only because they build strength and mobility in areas you need. If it takes you 6 years to work through F1-4, that's because you needed 6 years of work to lay a good foundation. 

MvdB
Joshua Slocum said:

Another important thing to consider is that Foundation represents the minimal amount of work necessary to master the final movements. There's no filler: all the exercises are included only because they build strength and mobility in areas you need. If it takes you 6 years to work through F1-4, that's because you needed 6 years of work to lay a good foundation. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it takes me and many other adults 6 years to complete F1-F4. I'm totally okay with that - even kids who start at a very young age need a couple of years to gain a 'F4-like' level of proficiency. It would be a little presumptuous to think that we can/should progress faster than them!

 

(just thinking out loud here, sorry for going slightly off-topic)

Joshua Slocum
Michaël said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it takes me and many other adults 6 years to complete F1-F4. I'm totally okay with that - even kids who start at a very young age need a couple of years to gain a 'F4-like' level of proficiency. It would be a little presumptuous to think that we can/should progress faster than them!

 

(just thinking out loud here, sorry for going slightly off-topic)

It's entirely reasonable to think that some people could take that long. Those who are very out of shape and struggle with week 1 of PE1 might take even longer. Other people might take significantly less time, especially those with previous GST experience. 

Mark Collins
Charm said:

I just wrote this in another thread in the HS forum for the same question. In case you don't have access to that, here it is;

 

Generally we have been talking about splitting one cycle into three mini-cycles beginning wks 1, 5, 9. Depending on how much you are currently capable of (ie how far from mastery benchmarks you are) you may not need the full 12 week rotation to get your PE/IM up to the standard.

You should also run your first session with each new progression as a test to see how close you are. Then you can make an informed (ego aside) decision on where to begin this time.

Progress tends to come in stops and starts, spurts and bottlenecks. I spent several months working through the <very basic h1 elements> elements, then 3 months on <slightly less basic h1 element>. Working the hell out of it made testing through the next few elements easy, until I hit the next bottleneck (representing a major weak link in my str or mobility). Try to enjoy the journey :)

Just last week I finished MN/PE 3 after 4 weeks. Then I did MN/PE 4 and 5 in two workouts. I tried MN/PE 6 and found the next bottle neck. This one looks like at least 12 weeks to master. PPP is another bottleneck, but the dips I will get to jump up a few levels in one week.