This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Equipment for F1

Started by JohnHQ, August 20, 2013 · 6 Replies · 276 Views

JohnHQ

Hi, everyone.  Glad to be here.  Apologize if this has been asked/answered before.

 

Have been scanning the progressions of F1 as I get started. !I have a pair of rings, a pullup bar, and parallettes.  No stall bars, no pommel horse, etc. for back extensions, etc.  Can anyone suggest workarounds for the F1 progressions that require equipment?

 

Thanks.

 

 

gohei_

I'm sure you can find solutions with a bit of imagination. For the curl-ups and similar movements a table or bench that is sturdy and tall enough for example could work.

Guest

For pike stretches, use a playground ladder.

JohnHQ

Thanks for the suggestions.  By way of more background, I am 53, operate my own business, and train early AM in my basement.  So, playgrounds and outdoor venues are not an option.  Need advice for in-home (actually basement) solutions.  

 

Thanks again.

Micawberian

You can find methods to build cheap stall bars from the equipment section of the GB forum, and build a high table for sPl work out of cheap wood from home depot. Hell, I've nailed (safely) a dowel to a plank of wood nailed to a tree to function as a stall bar - it cost about 5 dollars using furniture wood from the trash pile at Ikea.

Todd

FYI,

 

For MN/PE5>iM (Vertical Pike Walk), I'm using a substitute for stall bars that seems to work fine for me and is not attached to a wall. I tied an "XTEND+CLIMB" (Model 760P) ladder to a sturdy "power station" (from which I've removed the dip bars and back pad). I put weightlifting bar pads on the steps so that they are comfortable to hold and to step on barefoot. I also piled my collection of weight vests and a few dumbells on the back base of the power station to provide extra stability. The ladder is very portable and useful to me for other purposes.

 

Some limitations of this solution are that the distance between steps is somewhat large -- about one foot -- and that the distance between the centers of the vertical poles is somewhat narrow -- about 16 inches.

Keilani Gutierrez

i made my stall bars out of a 2x4x8 and about 12 3ft dowels. i actually came up short(should have been 14) and it installed on my wall came out to $125.

it still hasn't gotten daily use, but i hang from it from time to time and play with supports/hangs/RLL.

as for the pommel horse substitute, i'm currently just using a bench chair with a yoga mat on it for padding.