Muscleup on Crosstrainers

Started by jwalker497, August 20, 2013 · 4 Replies · 2,258 Views

jwalker497

I have a pair of iron cross trainers and lately ive been practicing the mu transition on the especially mu sticking point which is getting my shoulders over my hands. Ive found this exercise to really hit that weak link. Plus you can very methodically and geadually reducing the support by moving the bands fwd.

Anyone else try this?

Cody

I'm not trying to be mean, but honestly, this is like your 5th thread on muscle-ups. If you followed the guidelines, you would be doing muscle-ups no problem. It's been a while and you should be cranking them out by now.

Have you checked your form on the exercises? Perhaps you're doing something wrong.

Also, I got my muscle-up just by doing foot supported ones (feet under me on the ground). I read in your last thread that these didn't work for you. The only reason I can think they didn't work for you, is because you weren't making an effort to reduce the assistance as much as possible. I was able to do them only using light assistance from one big toe before I could do a real one.

Joshua Slocum

If you put half as much effort into the RC progressions in Foundation as you did into trying to find alternate methods for training the muscle-up, you'd already have achieved proficiency in the movement. 

Rachid Tahri

jwalker497: I gotta give you that...you have an "iron" will!  C'mon man: there IS a life after the muscle up! In gymnastics this isn't even a high level move only a transitional one....have a little bit more trust in the material laid out by Coach Sommer and you'll soon understand that the muscle is an almost trivial consequence of it. Either way: I really wish you good luck!

jwalker497

haha thanks.  I apologize to everyone if my obsession is annoying but I cant rest until I get this.  What really messes with my head is this is just how Gymansts get on the rings to start their routine.  Crazy, makes me feel pathetically weak and incredibly motivated at the same time.  

 

I am doing F1 and H1  but I am at the very beginning and so the work being done there is really mobility and not on strength.  So I am taking my time on the mobility stuff and then continuing with my other workout.