This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Buying F2

Started by Guest, August 19, 2013 · 3 Replies · 223 Views

Guest

As of right now, here is my progress in F1:

 

FL: PE4, Week 5

sPL: PE6, Week 9

SL: PE6, Week 5 or 9 (I know the first week will be too easy, so going to try 4x12 and if too hard then 4x6)

MN: PE3, Week 5

SLS: Mastered

HPB: PE3, Week 1 (once I get past these, I am about 99% sure I can complete the mastery for all dips)

RC: PE4, Week 9

 

I remember reading in a thread Charm said that the extra month or so before F2 came out, he just kept repeating the last microcycle for the last PEs/SEs and thought that really helped. Would this be beneficial for me to do?

 

A few points as well:

- I am not interested in testing certification (tight on money, I'm a high school student with a part time job)

- I am positive that my form on both the strength exercise and it's mobility is good.

- I do not have H1, and would rather buy F2 before (unless you think I should buy H1 immediately, which is possible)

- I run XC/Track at my school and am very competitive... Meaning running comes first, so for those of you working through F2, how much more workload/tiresome is it?

- Any questions for me please ask!

 

Thanks everyone. Coach Sommer and Cory Fair especially. You guys put so much work into these products (and the upcoming ones, Movement, Rings, etc). Hope training is going well for everyone and take care!

Jon Douglas

Getting 200% comfortable with the hollow/arch rocks is really not a bad idea. If money's a consideration, you may want to consider putting it off another month or so. If your situation allows it and you are serious about GST, then in your position I would pick up H1 immediately and get grinding away at that large task while still benefitting from F1 work. As long as you are happy to keep working the same elements for a bit I don't think anyone will claim that you can't benefit from refining the basics more and more.

The workload in F2 drops down to generally 5x5, so workouts become shorter (but obviously more intense). You do get back on the rings for pulls and pushes, which is pleasant :)

 

Obviously the package deal is a pretty good way to go since you get one F book free, which means you get material for quite a while the price.

Guest

Decided to buy H1! Have been thinking about this for a few months, thanks for pushing it over the edge Charm! (Not sarcasm, seriously, thanks for the opinion!)

Jon Douglas
Awarenesss said:

Decided to buy H1! Have been thinking about this for a few months, thanks for pushing it over the edge Charm! (Not sarcasm, seriously, thanks for the opinion!)

It's a different sort of rewarding to Foundation progress. Enjoy :)