Does anyone know a good source for stall bars? I'm also wanting to add an indoor climbing rope that doesn't fray/shed and is easy to grip. Any suggestions here?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Stall bars and climbing ropes?
Started by Milkman, August 19, 2013 · 2 Replies · 274 Views
http://www.knotandrope.com has a great selection of ropes. I bought a cotton rope for strictly indoor and it's nice/soft and doesn't shed.
Stall bars, if you cruise into the Gym Equipement sub-forum you will find several threads on making your own. I made a few sets and it's not hard. Sourcing the larger dowels can be done online and it's a quick saturday project.
Of course you can buy stall bars but they are quite pricey.
Good luck.
--chris
Milkman, where do you live?
I live in Sweden and I just bought this one:
http://www.sportgymbutiken.se/sv/artiklar/abilica-nature-ribbstol.html
It was probably cheaper to buy this one, than to try to build one of my own.
I'm waiting with my rope purchase until the exercises which use rope are released. BTW, I really, really hope that it will be fine with just about 2 meters of rope. It would be so much easier to hang a rope from the ceiling at home, than to try to search for a gym with a high ceiling and rope.