frogstand hand position

Started by animalhands, February 13, 2009 · 4 Replies · 2,435 Views

animalhands

How important is the hand position in the frogstand? Are there any contraindications of turning your hands outwards a bit?

sasquatch

I think the hand postition is optional.

I think the one were your fingers are faceing your feet stresses your biceps more, and is helpful if you want to learn planches on rings.

matthew.percussion

I also find it more difficult to balance with fingers pointing toward toes.

Seems more beneficial to me.

sasquatch

It also puts less stress on your wrists and more on the elbow, maybe that would develop biceps faster?

Gregor
sasquatch said:
It also puts less stress on your wrists and more on the elbow, maybe that would develop biceps faster?

Whole training will develop your biceps faster, not single exercise. But yes it's more stress on a biceps with fingers pointed backward.