Handstand Critique

Started by Cody, August 19, 2013 · 2 Replies · 1,493 Views

Cody

I haven't been practicing my handstand for the past few months, but as of today, I decided to start getting more serious about it. I want to to know how I'm doing before I go any further.




I'm pretty sure my shoulders aren't fully open. I can get to what looks like a fully open position, but that requires me to put my head more and I'm not very good at balancing that way. Perhaps I just need to practice more that way?

Other than that, are there any other problems?

 
yuri marmerstein

Your shoulders are not as bad as you think due to the anatomy of your elbows. 

 

Your line is actually not too bad once you got it under control.

 

 

General Tips:

 

Try to kick into a straighter handstand instead of arching then correcting. 

 

Try to keep your body still when you balance.  I see a lot of movement in your hips and shoulders.  Work on being as still as possible when you balance.  Ideally the body should remain as one piece and the hands should be active. 

Cody

Ah okay, I see now that there is a lot of movement. I'll be working on that now.

Thanks :)