Hello everybody,
I've been following the perfect workout nutrition plan as described by slizzardman for a while now and had great results in general. I started with F1 at the very beginning for all exercises and even though I thought it would not provide much stimulus for building muscle mass (as I was for example bench pressing much more than then the weight of the PE1 of the hollow back press) I got bigger. I expect greater gains in the next weeks as I started the PE2s of most exercises which get more intense.
I have read this article recently:
http://chadwaterbury.com/the-truth-about-post-workout-nutrition/
and was wondering about your thoughts. Basically chad waterbury interviews a guy called Ori Hofmekler on post workout nutrition. He recommends waiting 30-60 mins after your workout, then taking 40-60g of protein and then repeating the process once more in order to maximize fat los. Thus he does not recommend any carbs after your workout for fat loss
I did not loose much fat during the last 4 months of working on F1 and remember dropping fat much more easily (almost automatically) while lifting weights.
I am more than satisfied so far with F1, my joints got much stronger and healthier, my mobility in my hips and shoulder girdle went through the roof etc. but I would like to loose more fat. I am eating fairly clean (lots of protein, only fresh food, lots of fruits and veggies and not too much grains or high GI carbs etc.) and thought that maybe I should reduce the amount of dextrose I am taking post workout for carbs.
I remember Joshua saying that some carbs are necessary for the body to use the protein efficiently, so maybe reducing my post workout carbs to minimum is the way to go? What are your thoughts?