I am currently working headstand pushup negatives 3x3 with about 5 seconds decent. I can do maybe 1 or perhaps 2 strict headstand pushups against the wall with hands shoulderwitdth apart. I try to follow the steady state program. What would be the next step if I am not able to do 3x3 pushups when starting the next cycle.
I was thinking
-continue with negatives with slower decent and/or longer ROM
or
-1 pushup + 2 negatives per set
If i do the second, should I stick with the same reps for the whole cycle or should I always try to do as many pushup as possible and fill up with negatives to get to the desired 3x3? I was thinking in the end i maybe do 2 pushups + 1 negative but that would not be steady state would it?
I guess this question is generic for all times when you find yourself between 2 progressions.