Would an underhand grip on the rings be possible when performing an iron cross?
I have no interest in training for the IC, as I'm still in F1, but would this be possible, and how would it effect someone's normal IC strength?
Started by Guest, August 16, 2013 · 6 Replies · 3,135 Views
Would an underhand grip on the rings be possible when performing an iron cross?
I have no interest in training for the IC, as I'm still in F1, but would this be possible, and how would it effect someone's normal IC strength?
how much triceps you need to maintain the arms straight ?!
It would also use the rear delts a lot and is probably dangerous for the shoulders with that much external rotation.
oh sorry are meaning palm face up with internal or external rotation?
Due to the nature of the leverage involved this is an impossible skill and will never be achieved with straight arms.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Yeah, the inverted cross is still performed with the palms facing down.
This thread reminds me of the thread someone started a while back asking if an underhand false grip could be performed. I know it might not be as sexy as elevators and pelicans, but spend some time studying joint mechanics. It will do you far more good than fantasizing about moves you may never even accomplish.
Just thinking of this hurts my elbows. And the rest of my upper body.