Palm bruises

Started by Daniel Burnham, August 15, 2013 · 9 Replies · 4,388 Views

Daniel Burnham

Anyone have experience with palm bruises. I have one deep in my hand from slamming the pommel hard a few times and it won't go away.

TANSTAAFL

Slam the other hand as well to even it out? Sorry, couldn't resist.

I remember getting these a lot when I was young and skateboarded. They'd stick around for a good while, especially if you continue to hit it even lightly.

Keilani Gutierrez

I do.

just let it chill. work out the kinks with some massaging to the area but keep it light. i have a golf ball that i'll put on a surface and just gently move it around. taking warm showers or dunking it in warm water proved the most effective relief for me and then just applying some tiger balm.

im sure you know that immobilizing it will be a no-no, so play around with a rubber band or touch your fingers with your thumb as if you were couting to boost circulation (this one i learned late)

Craig

Go to a local chinese herbalist and ask for Dit Da Jow.  Alternatively, go to a chemist and ask for arnica cream (spelling updated thanks Fred).  Both help bruising heal faster.

Keilani Gutierrez

^^^^^^ I used a Dit mix from plumherbdragon.com i think it was and it's called bruise juice. funny name xD

used it on my moms inflamed Sacrum the other day because she wasn't having a good day and she told me it relieved the discomfort by the next day.

haven't needed it to try it out myself but it has relieved some soreness relatively quickly, thought soreness isnt the same as a bruise

FredInChina

It's arnica - you cannot find it in the US, except at the vet shop - used for horses - works very well to get rid of bruises. :)

Other than that, you have to wait it out with massages and maybe contrast therapy.

Daniel Burnham

Luckily I have a vet in the family. Thanks ghys

Cody H

You can find arnica in the U.S. Look around in some health food stores. You can sometimes even find some arnica cream or gel in tube form.

FredInChina
Cody H said:

You can find arnica in the U.S. Look around in some health food stores. You can sometimes even find some arnica cream or gel in tube form.

 

Excellent, I did not know that :)

Last I heard was to take the vet shop route... :D

Thanks CodyH

Craig

Thanks for the spelling fix, I'll update my original post.

 

Just got me some Dit Da from a friend in Ocean Beach CA.  If anyone is nearby and wants some contact details for him drop me a message and I'll forward you his details.