This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Shaking in H1

Started by Nash, August 14, 2013 · 7 Replies · 440 Views

Nash

Hi Guys,

I couldn't find anything regarding shaking in the H1 forum.

But in F1, Coach said this:

> If you are shaking, even if you managed the mastery target in terms of either time or reps; you have NOT demonstrated mastery.

Does this apply in H1?

I'm able to do PE7 (30 sec wall handstand) easily, but there's definite shaking in my arms. I repeated week 11 twice, but the shaking is still there.

Thank you!

-Nash

Daniel Burnham

Same applies

Nash

Thanks Daniel.

I'm going to keep repeating week 11 until it stops.

Unless there's a more optimal way to clear out shaking.

FredInChina
Nash said:

Thanks Daniel.

I'm going to keep repeating week 11 until it stops.

Unless there's a more optimal way to clear out shaking.

 

Coach Sommer mentioned elsewhere that his preferred way to achieve mastery (time/reps) when facing difficulties was to repeat the last microcycle (weeks 9-12) instead of just repeating week 11; although it was not specifically to address shaking, it might apply as well. :)

Nash

Hmmm, this is going to be interesting.

I start shaking about a few seconds into the handstand.

Will the shaking suddenly stop one day as I keep redoing weeks 9 through 12?

I've never had to get rid of something like this before.

-Nash

Nash
Guys,

 

On my 5th repetition of week 11 of PE7 (5x30) because of shaking. I decided to take a video for some input on how severe my shaking is.

 

To my surprise, it's not visible at all on video. Below I'm on set 5 after a looong day with full lighting and HD 1080p.

 

Are my eyeballs shaking and not my arms and body  :huh:, or is it just hard to see shaking in video?

 

Move on to PE8?

 


Daniel Burnham

The shaking is probably more in your traps and is shaking your head.  Film another video that shows then entire body.  Then we can assess the issue again.

Nash

Thank you Daniel. I appreciate you taking the time to look at this.

 

I just shot another one. This is also my last set of today's workout. Please let me know if you'd like another angle.

 

http://youtu.be/ket4k8OFDEM