This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Embarassing Arch Body Rock Problem

Started by ChrisUK, August 13, 2013 · 21 Replies · 718 Views

ChrisUK

So I've just moved up to Arch Body Rock (FINALLY!  :D ) and when I am doing it I keep encountering an awkward problem...my groin keeps getting caught on the rock. 

 

I have tried a gentler rock but I do need some initial momentum to get going, and I am only getting up to around 6 before I stop..for fear of squishing or hurting anything. I can do a lot but I'm wondering if my rock is too great or if this is something you need to grin and bear. (I highly doubt).

 

Anyways, any tips would be greatly appreciated,

 

Thanks!

 

Chris.

Aadil Siddiqi

Yeah, that happened to me once, but the arch is supposed to be as big as possible, right?

Vincearoo

Super tight undies and tuck your junk before rocking.

Ravn
Vincearoo said:

Super tight undies and tuck your junk before rocking.

The meaning of life? 42 and this ^

Best answer on gb.com :)

Jon Douglas
Vincearoo said:

Super tight undies and tuck your junk before rocking.

Exactly what they told Ozzie, Alice, and especially Bowie

Vincearoo
Charm said:

Exactly what they told Ozzie, Alice, and especially Bowie

You win. This thread is over.

ChrisUK

Aha well thanks, I guess I have no more excuses to not continue SL work

SuperBru

Not looking forward to this experience.

dasede

Should I be disappointed that I did not have this problem?  :huh:

Ravn
dasede said:

Should I be disappointed that I did not have this problem?  :huh:

Lol, yeah good question! :)

While on the subject of embarassing problems, I currently have to tape up my tailbone (that means the ass crack) to deal with blisters from hollow body rocks. Squished private parts and bloody ass blisters, what a pleasure it is to do F1.

Alessandro Mainente

arch body rocks will improve as your FL IM mobility improves.

I'm really surprised about the idea of train an element only with IM in between, i found that rest 15-18 sec for that element is building up an immensive quantity of resistance. Just to have some numbers i am actually at 4x48 week but if i try to do one single set i can easily pass the 75 repetitions in a row. OK when i started...20 reps was my best.

LateStarter@46
Ravn said:

Lol, yeah good question! :)

While on the subject of embarassing problems, I currently have to tape up my tailbone (that means the ass crack) to deal with blisters from hollow body rocks. Squished private parts and bloody ass blisters, what a pleasure it is to do F1.

Too much information! :)  What are you doing them on, concrete?

Ravn
LateStarter@46 said:

Too much information! :)  What are you doing them on, concrete?

On a doubled yoga mat. I need to toughen up, or perhaps apply some more ass tension, as Charm eloquently stated it.

chobbs
Ravn said:

On a doubled yoga mat. I need to toughen up, or perhaps apply some more ass tension, as Charm eloquently stated it.

 

Take note of much "kick" you are applying on the way down to keep the rock going. May need to back off. The blisters indicate you are sliding rather than rocking at some point. I haven't gotten to the HBR yet, but have seen similar issues from spinal rocks. Experiment with where you generate the force for the rock from.

 

- Chris

Ravn

Indeed. I'm going through the process of cleaning up the hollow body rocks, because they look horrendous at the moment.

Mats Trane

What helps me with the ABR is not only to pull the head and but towards each other but also to concentrate on pushing/tensing your abs to the ground.

Jon Douglas
Mats Trane said:

What helps me with the ABR is not only to pull the head and but towards each other but also to concentrate on pushing/tensing your abs to the ground.

Same. I find that concentrating on that helps reduce the gentleman's logistics problem. Not eliminate, but reduce.

ChrisUK

Thanks Mats, that actually helped quite a bit today. As Charm said though, it helps but I suppose it won't eliminate the problem.

 

I wonder what other unexpected problems Foundation holds >_>

Joshua Slocum

You can also try tucking your bits between your legs and squeezing your legs together. Gives you good motivation to keep the legs from coming apart.

piotro
Joshua Slocum said:

You can also try tucking your bits between your legs and squeezing your legs together. Gives you good motivation to keep the legs from coming apart.

And to quickly progress to next exercise.

chobbs

Smash between floor and body, or smash between thighs. Times like this I envy those with chicken legs.

 

- Chris

Aadil Siddiqi

Tuck, Duck and Roll boys