This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Fell on My Coccyx!

Started by Aadil Siddiqi, August 12, 2013 · 10 Replies · 252 Views

Aadil Siddiqi

I fell hard on my tailbone playing football six days ago. It still pains to sprint and to tie my laces. I cannot do Tuck Ups or Deck Squats. I haven't seen a doctor, but I have been applying black caraway seed oil on it, which I'm told is magic. It works better than painkillers, but it does not alleviate the discomfort whilst doing these exercises.

Are there any corrective exercises that can be applied to an issue like this? My searches yielded Arch Holds and jogging, both of which I already do. I will continue doing the mobility for these exercises, and maybe regular squats instead of Deck Squats, but when the injury does heal, which week should I start from if I was doing the 4*9 rep scheme?

FredInChina

Sorry to hear; this can be quite painful, but it is rarely grave, unless you broke it.

 

If it is only bruised, therefore sensitive to pressure, you can use a 2" thick piece of foam into which you dig a hole to accommodate the painful bits, and do your exercises (tuck ups) sat on it. :)

If you suspect more damage was done, go see your doc.

 

When it is healed, restart at the first week of the cycle you were on for the exercises you had to skip :)

Keilani Gutierrez

I speak this from experience, please get yourself checked out for pilodinal cysts. nothing to be paranoid about, but sure is something you'd like to avoid. I had one removed some time ago and it sucks. big time. 

Aadil Siddiqi

I'll talk to my parents about seeing a doctor. What you described doesn't sound very pleasant at all. Sounds like what you'd calk a medieval torture device :P

Keilani Gutierrez
Aadil Siddiqi said:

I'll talk to my parents about seeing a doctor. What you described doesn't sound very pleasant at all. Sounds like what you'd calk a medieval torture device :P

I got a nasty one shortly after falling coccyx first into a rail. it's not cool. 

Aadil Siddiqi

A trip to the doctor was vetoed, unfortunately. It looks like I'll have to fix this one on my own

Keilani Gutierrez

just keep a look out for it. if you get anything resembling a pimple or a bump, go get it checked before it gets infected.

Aadil Siddiqi

It's nothing like that, thankfully. Just pain from more explosive movements.

Mark Collins

You need to get it checked out by a health professional. How can we prescribe corrective exercise to without knowing your body and injury?

Most likely we will give the wrong exercise or just waste your time.

Why black carroway seed? Ibuprofen and paracetamol would be far better.

Aadil Siddiqi

It's our "natural" solution for everything.

Aadil Siddiqi

Pain is clearing up, and sprints at 80% are easy enough now. Deck Squats are still a no-go at the moment though. By next week, I'll be starting doing them again. Tuck Ups are okay with a tile underneath me, but I don't want to do them any other way currently.