Tuck planche pushup critique?

Started by thenail001, August 10, 2013 · 7 Replies · 2,423 Views

thenail001

 

password: gb

Cody

Your hips are too low. Keep them level with your shoulders the entire time.

Also, you could elevate your parallettes to go deeper.

Alessandro Mainente

you are loosing hips height during the extension of the arms. this version is actually too difficult for you.

Cody
alex87 said:

you are loosing hips height during the extension of the arms. this version is actually too difficult for you.

His hips are too low the entire time, not just during the push-up. I wish someone had told me this in the beginning of my trainig. :(

I suggest just doing PPPU until you can hold a 5 second advanced tuck planche, then try to do tuck planche push-ups again.

thenail001
Cody said:

His hips are too low the entire time, not just during the push-up. I wish someone had told me this in the beginning of my trainig. :(

I suggest just doing PPPU until you can hold a 5 second advanced tuck planche, then try to do tuck planche push-ups again.

Yes that's why I posted the video, thanks for the feedback.  Lack of knowledge doesn't mean lack of strength.

thenail001

Update:

 

password: gb

 

Alessandro Mainente

that is definitely better, try for now to work on a single reptitions for a while starting and ending the position on a 2 sec tuck planche. you are loosing a bit of protraction during the second reps.

B1214N

Your hips are a bit higher than your shoulders, try to keep them leveled. If you have enough space you should go deeper ideally with the hands leveled with the hips at the bottom of the push-up.