This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE1 - External rotation?

Started by Jerry Mangona, August 10, 2013 · 4 Replies · 215 Views

Jerry Mangona

Been making slow but steady progress on my RC1 and have adjusted my form and reps so I can do them without touching my butt to the ground while keep the entire ROM under control. Someone noted earlier that the ending position is for the elbows to be out to the side rather than in front of the torso. I added that too and noticed that to get there, my arms have to externally rotate from the shoulder. No problem.

 

Is that the correct way to do it? Because if so, that is by far the sticking point in the rep for me. Going from when the torso is horizontal (parallel to the ground) to vertical using my shoulder strength is gonna take awhile to build up!

 

Just checking. Thanks

J

MT Nordic

You'll notice on the video that the athlete starts with his palms facing forwards, and finishes with the palms facing towards each other. This results in the elbows flaring out approximately 45 degrees.  I would focus on the hand position, and the elbows will follow.

Keegan Y

There isn't all that much external rotation from what I can feel, mostly horizontal/transverse shoulder Abduction, shoulder extension, and elbow flexion (in the upper body). The wrists/hands rotate naturally while doing so from horizontal to neutral.

Bipocni

I haven't noticed any of this, and I've been paying real attention to the rotation of the elements.  I will have to give it another look....

FredInChina

What is RC1?

If you are talking about RC/PE1, please change the title of your thread so the forum remains searchable :)