A while ago I posted a video about my handstand line progress. I was very enthusiastic and happy with my new "line". Also other members congratulated me with the progress I made. To summerize: i felt a shoulder lock that allowed my to lock my shoulders while having a "hollow" position. I learned after a while that this "lock" was my shoulders being internally rotated (just like in shoulder dislocations), a trained eye can see that my elbows are flaring out and my lats get "folded" (don't have the right terminology for this).
After learning some posts of Handbalancer and other experienced people I came to the conclusion that most handbalancers externally rotate there shoulders. Also if I do freestanding handstand I tend to externally rotate.
If I do a wall handstand while internally rotating my shoulders I can hold this position much longer than if I do not allow this internally rotation, but my line is very good. On the other hand if I externally rotate my shoulder I feel very helpless in this position.
Any advice here?