This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Form Check
Started by wheezer, August 9, 2013 · 5 Replies · 196 Views
HBP/PE1
Angle felt very weird, after months of training with knee-high incline.
sPL/PE1: In my eyes your form is completely off. Your are sagging way too much. Try to keep a hollow body and focus mainly on your scapulas. I think Coach mentioned that in order to get those scaps moved through the whole range of motion a little bit of sagging at the bottom is allowed but i think not that much.
sPL/PE1>iM: I think your tempo is too high. Actually you are bouncing from side to side
. Beside that try to keep your glutes completely on the ground during the whole movement.
HBP/PE1: I think your position is too high because you are touching the bar with your abs and not with your chest like the athlete demonstrates in the video. Beside that it seems that you arch the lower body from time to time or slightly pike in the hips in order to descend with your upper body. Maintain the hollow body position! Last but not least the tempo of execution seems to be a little bit slower than the athlete ones as well.
HBP/PE1>iM: Try to stay in the frontal plane during the whole movement. At the bottom your arms are swinging backwards
I hope that helps ![]()
With sPL PE1 you seem to be elevating the scaps rather than retracting them. You want to limit the motion to be retraction and protraction of the scaps and as little spinal extension/APT as possible (though you don't have to stay in a completely hollow position at the bottom of the movement).
sPL IM 1 actually looks pretty good, but I agree that your tempo is too fast. Try to slow it down and I think your form looks pretty close compared to the demo vid.
HBP PE1 looks like your positioning relative to the bar/couch is off; you are more closely resembling an incline PPP than an incline PU and thus I think it is causing you to either pike your hips or lose your straight body position. Try bringing your feet a couple inches further back so that your chest touches the bar/chair arm and not your stomach.
Thanks guys – appreciate your help!
HBP/PE1
For some reason I thought my shoulders needed to be right above my wrists, so that my arms made a vertical line. (Don't know what PPP is.) And yeah, this was causing stomach-bar contact and a slight pike at the top of the motion.
Is this better? Still some anterior pelvic tilt, but I rolled it forward to lock the joint:
HBP/PE1>iM
I feel like this is as frontal as I can get without stopping my arms mid-swing. I tensed my core to keep my focus forward:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q48LxDgn3N4&feature=youtu.be
sPL/PE1
Is this it? I can keep my hips hollow, but my torso is resembling Cat/Cow to me. I'm still trying to grasp the feeling of isolating the scapula:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdMKW5Y21hI
SPL/PE1>IM
Woah! Just saw the video again. Yeah I'm swiveling my hips wayyyy too fast. I just did this without momentum and my inside knee is no-way near the floor. I need to loosen my outer-hamstring muscles to master this.
HBP/PE1 - t'is a bit better. you need to tense your core and your glutes like you were about to hump your couch... then you'll have the appropriate PPT
sPL/PE1 - very good! ![]()