This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 090210

Started by Coach Sommer, February 10, 2009 · 9 Replies · 1,970 Views

Coach Sommer

IVzjUhRhtpA

Complete four rounds:

20

30-60 seconds of Germans

40'

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Go directly from Bucket Circles to Germans to Ag Walks.

2) Rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

3) Substitute Wheels if you cannot perform Germans.

Post the time of your fastest round below.

Blairbob

See about doing the pendular swings such as front and back support swings and stride swings on each leg. Maybe 5 or 10 on each leg?

http://drillsandskills.com/skills/pig/

I can do a sort of version at home on the ends of parallel dip bar rails.

On another note, wouldn't germans as well as being similar to swinging dips on PB or rings; be a bit similar to casts to horizontal on a single rail?

I'll probably do this tomorrow at gym but it sort of dawned on me.

Neal Winkler

Last time we did bucket circles someone suggested ag walks as a sub, but they're already in this workout! lol

Oh well.

Stephen Casey

What's a "Wheel" to substitute for a German? Thanks!

Nobodystopsdblob

Perform four rounds:

20 Bucket Circles

did four positions as I was bucketless and did not have a paper plate or Frisbee. each position was for a 5 count and I did 3 sets each round

30-60 seconds of Germans

did more of a swinging dip off rings 5 each round instead of for time

40' Ag Walks

Couldn't do for the reasons given under bucket circles. skipped

Did some planche practice.

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

Jason Stein

4x:

20 bucket circles

60-seconds Germans

40-feet Ag walks

---Spaced keeping track of times due to technical demands of exercises, but averaged roughly 4 to 4.5 minutes per round. The Ag walks were the limiter.

---Did bucket circles off the floor, though at the end it was possible to whip 'em out on paralletes.

---Roughly 20 Germans a minute.

---Frisbee on carpet for Ag walks was not cool.

Scott rigged a bucket from an XR strap over a pull-up bar. Worked well!

This one was actually mega fun. Germans are fun because you have a full planche for all of a second.

jason

Blairbob

Jason, 20 germans/hang. You are the man. My best was 9 and then 7 and 7. Failed on the 8th to push to straight arms both times. We used to have an old small pommel horse to work bucket circles on which is really handy for training pommel flops and moores and wendeswings and all that. It can also be down with a detacheable pommel top from a mushroom.

Unfortunately I did 3 rounds and just didn't remember the 4th. The difference in time is due to using a different frisbee ( had a sticker on the top so less friction ). I did half of the ag walk 4 for 20 feet and variation 3 for 20 feet. This is what took up about half the time since I finished the 20 circles in under a minute and tried a minute of swinging dips to planche. I did not swing in the front but killed it, ending up in a bent bottom of dip L that pushed out.

Hahah, wth was I thinking when I said cast to horizontal could be similar to a german. I was thinking I could stall the planche on a single rail but there isn't muc momentum off a pommel horse. I was typically just doing a straight body planche but the back was not as hollow as I would prefer unless I straddled ( which I only remembered to do a few times ). I wasn't anywhere near a planche while doing the German on pommel horse, maybe 45-30 degrees below horizontal though I didn't try to straddle planche nor did I try tuck planche.

4:25

3:57

4:05

I ended with doing 5 sets of beam DL, using a light low beam (50-85lbs) x10, a low heavy(250lbs)x10, a medium heavy beam (275lbs min)x8, the high beam(270-385lbs) for another 8 and tried another set of these and only did an excruciating 4. I thought maybe I had done enough rest (3-5m) but I think my CNS was fried from the set before.

Laney

This workout was so incredibly HARD

I did it all in a total time of 19:15

I used to be good at bucket circles, but it is apparent that I haven't done them in a while! I did 15 each set instead of 20. For the Germans I did Planche pushups with my feet elevated about 18" on a mat. AG walks I used a board with wheels on it, so feet were up off of the ground a few inches, these are super hard! Will post more videos on my blog this week...

aw0n0

i just decided to start with the GB WOD today and all I can say is wow!

im halfway through the WOD and i just have to say this is the best upper body workout ive had since i first started training!

gotta go back out there for some more punishment now... :twisted: