Ok first, I was able to hold a tuck planche for almost 15 seconds today!!! I'm so pumped!!!
Sorry, I was going to literally post that as the thread title but definitely decided to use what was able to get me to that point.
I have been training like crazy for a straddle planche since January and haven't really made what I thought was any good progress until today.
First, I wasn't putting my hands in the proper position by knees....I was always placing them a bit in front of me...not too much but jsut enough. Well, this is a HUGE mistake. I guess I was sub-conciously afraid of falling on my face or something but today I placed them in the proper position (I have to place my hands out to the side...I can't place them fingers forward) and I got into tuck planche position for about 2 seconds....same ol' same ol'.
Then I thought if maybe there was an issue with tuck planching on my hands even though my wrists never hurt so I pulled out the push up stands, placed them in the proper position and just like that....I was holding a tuck planche for a long time.
My advice here is that even if you think you are strong enough in one hand position maybe you are even stronger in another whether it be with stands/paralettes or without......I am still so pumped about doing this today - I can't wait until my next workout.