Hello all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-gbhIIgOpI
Working on getting that nice and straight HS line
I took a video of myself a few days ago only to discover I was not as straight as I thought at all (up to this point I had been filming from the front/back, not from the sides). So I have now learned that viewing a handstand from the side is the way to go.
Looking for some critique/feedback on this.
When I go for the correct position against the wall, I feel some pressure in my middle upper back area (muscle). This happens as I attempt to open my shoulders whilst hollowing/flattening my pelvis/lower-back area at the same time. I feel like this might be the bottleneck for getting a clean HS more effortlessly? Because now it feels very "not relaxed" to hold it when I attempt perfect form. I guess it's only a matter of mobility.
thanks for viewing & taking the time ![]()
you are awesome!
pic for those who don't want to watch vid (old one is from april 18th, but not really a fair comparison, seeing as it's wall vs. freestanding).![]()
Beginner Handstand Critique
Started by lerkevei, August 6, 2013 · 2 Replies · 1,353 Views
Pelvic tilt is good.
probably you can increase a little more the shoulders extension.
i prefer to put the head more in between your hands. Coach suggests the position where you can barely see you thumbs. that position works well also for me.
Thanks. Never paid much attention to the head position, will try it ![]()