Ring HS is HARD

Started by Christian, August 6, 2013 · 8 Replies · 3,159 Views

Christian

Now I have a pretty decent HS on floor, parallells and blocks. But I tried a ring HS for fun the other day:

 

 
I know that Coach has ring HS as a separate beast from normal HS and it's with good reason. I find it impossible at the moment to straighten the arms fully, rings turned out? Forget it.
 
So just thought I'd share. I'm not training this element yet. Following the foundation series.
Joshua Slocum

Please use a mat next time.  Falling forwards from there would be quite painful. 

Alessandro Mainente

extend the arms in rings handstand is the most difficult part my friend, is necessary to learn how to balance moving the rings and not bending your arms.

the process to get the strength is slow slow and slow.

i'm not a monster in rings hs but until now is the most difficult element i've learned and i'm surprised that for my coach i did it much better then some competitive gymnast in my facility, for sure best result comes after helsinki seminar.

 

post-1151-0-71636600-1375810020_thumb.pn

Christian

Nice one Alex! Im going to let this one stay on the side for now, untill i get further along Foundation. Maybe get a mat :-)

Alessandro Mainente

i started to think about a mat after a great number of falls!!!!!

P5yx

Alex did you ever try it RTO?

Alessandro Mainente

yes and it's coming more simple since i've started some adv straigth arm element after London seminar.

Actually the longest hold on rings i did without RTO is around 30  seconds, with RTO the balance becomes critical and the holds become short around 6-7 seconds. For now i'm doing only maintenance until H1 will be mastered.

P5yx

Wow sick that is quite a difference. How much were you able to turn the rings out?

Alessandro Mainente

45°.