Stomach Against Wall HSPU on Parallettes (bailing out)

Started by Jono, August 6, 2013 · 4 Replies · 2,690 Views

Jono

If I fail a rep and get stuck at the bottom, how do I bail out of it? Last time I tried rolling out and scratched my upper back.

Jon Douglas

Cartwheel to side

Controlled lower to headstand

Roll or bridge -- dispreferred unless you are on mats or something, don't do this on tile floors :)

Jono

That's the thing. Last time I lowered to headstand, but rolling out of it wasn't possible without the base of the parallettes grazing my back! I'll try moving off to the side lol.

Jon Douglas

You cant eithrrbput your head on the ground or your shoulders on the paralettes?

Blairbob

 Cartwheel to side. Which isn't really a classic side cartwheel but more of just stepping one leg down to the side and cartwheeling out of sorts to stand.

 

 Generally with parallettes, even at the bottom your head doesn't touch the floor.

This is why for kids, I often would place the parallettes right to the edge of a landing mat so they can roll out or land on their back.