This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bent Hollow Body Rocks

Started by Mark Collins, August 6, 2013 · 12 Replies · 379 Views

Mark Collins

I am into week 15 and got 60, 48, 48,48 and 36. This exercise officially sucks. The high reps are killing me.

On a positive note I got all my planks 5 x 60 seconds.

Alessandro Mainente

As i suggested you can do an average of the reps and work on that or use a micro cycle. don't work on less reps then what is prescribed.

FredInChina

Well done on the planks.

Yeah, the rocks are just endurance and teeth gritting :)

I started at week 5, then could not get to 5x60 on my second micro cycle, but got it easily on the third.

Christian

4 x 48 on straddle hbr. Feel your pain. Can't wait to get all these and start F2 :-)

Alessandro Mainente

yesterday i did 4x50 reps oh HBR, i ended with a cramps on my abs. i wasn't able to breath

Samui
alex87 said:

yesterday i did 4x50 reps oh HBR, i ended with a cramps on my abs. i wasn't able to breath

I have plateaued for a couple of weeks somewhere around 30+ reps. After the sets my abs are almost ready to explode   :icon_twisted: . With HBR the thing is that one rep is something like 2 seconds, and if you dare to do 5 x 60 with HBR, you basically need to spend two minutes in hollow body position per set, with dynamic effort. Yikes.

 

By the way, I started HBR with arms by my sides, but after trying keeping the arms above the head, as in the instruction video, the rocking motion became significantly smoother, and as a result easier.

Jon Douglas
Samui said:

With HBR the thing is that one rep is something like 2 seconds, and if you dare to do 5 x 60 with HBR, you basically need to spend two minutes in hollow body position per set, with dynamic effort. Yikes.

The nice thing is how easy hollow body holds feel though :)

I really think this exercise is harder than all of the Foundation 2 straight body work, but as it says in the introduction it's just not as complex.

Samui
Charm said:

The nice thing is how easy hollow body holds feel though :)

I really think this exercise is harder than all of the Foundation 2 straight body work, but as it says in the introduction it's just not as complex.

True ;), I was sunbathing today and decided to try to hold the HBH just for fun - hold it easily over a minute without much effort. When I was training HBH, I used to feel significant burn pretty quickly, but somehow eventually managed push it to 5 sets of one minute with mental effort.

FredInChina
Samui said:

(...) I was sunbathing today and decided to try to hold the HBH just for fun (...)

 

With proper preparation of a nice hole in the sand to cast your body in, you could "hold" the position all day without effort :)

Samui
FredInChina said:

With proper preparation of a nice hole in the sand to cast your body in, you could "hold" the position all day without effort :)

It was grass!

Jon Douglas
Samui said:

It was grass!

I posted this picture in the youtube compilation thread, complete with beer and jazz :)

Simon Hoffmann

@Alessandro Mainente - Hi Alessandro, if I'm getting stuck in a similar way are you saying I should i.e. aim for maybe 5x50, next week 5x51, next week 5x52 and aim for consistent numbers in each set vs shooting from 5x48 (which I can do) to an attempt at 5x60 and getting numbers all over the place? 
 

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, Simon Hoffmann said:

@Alessandro Mainente - Hi Alessandro, if I'm getting stuck in a similar way are you saying I should i.e. aim for maybe 5x50, next week 5x51, next week 5x52 and aim for consistent numbers in each set vs shooting from 5x48 (which I can do) to an attempt at 5x60 and getting numbers all over the place? 
 

Thanks!

hey Simon, i have answered you in the form check post.