This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question WODs. Resting intervals

Started by Juri Krainjukov, February 9, 2009 · 6 Replies · 1,199 Views

Juri Krainjukov

I have a question concerning Embedded static position hold and dynamic exercise coupling.

eg Embedded FL (1-2 reps) + V-ups with lift (3-5 reps)

Does it mean FL, V-up(3-5), FL, V-up(3-5) or FL, FL, V-up(3-5) ?

and how long should I rest between ?

StevenJ

As far as my understanding of giant sets goes you could do either 1 or 2 reps of the static, then 3-5 of the dynamic with no rest between them. Then rest.

Blairbob

the other day during the BL and OAPU it was prescribed to do one back lever, then go work one arm pullups on one arm then do another back lever and do one arm pullups on the other arm. then it was planche work and ring hspu, followed by FL work and body levers. that was one giant set then rest 3-5m and repeat for whatever number of prescribed rounds which I don't remember (3?).

Coach Sommer

For the workout in question (WOD 090209), the embedded static and the accompanying subsequent exercise constitute one giant set, not all of the movements together.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Blairbob

Oops.

I would have preferred the rest periods to up the ante of the exercises I used.

Coach Sommer

Not at all. More advanced athletes may certainly choose to group the exercises as Blair mentioned. For beginners to intermediate, my preference is for additional rest periods to be inserted into the sets.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Juri Krainjukov

So, how can I do 2 reps of static hold without rest? Does it mean relaxing for some time inbetween?