How do you guys lose fat and gain visible abs? Eating less? More exercise?
losing body fat
Started by arapahoepark, August 5, 2013 · 40 Replies · 9,859 Views
Work hard, work a lot, eat quality food.
Joshua Slocum said:Work hard, work a lot, eat quality food.
That and patience. If it comes in a week, you could lose it in another week. Earn it and keep it ![]()
Photoshop ![]()
Liposuction ![]()
Joshua Slocum said:Work hard, work a lot, eat quality food.
Definition of a lot please.
arapahoepark said:Definition of a lot please.
I personally work out around 10-15 hours a week, and get in about 3-4 hours of cycling a week from commuting.
arapahoepark said:Definition of a lot please.
1-4 hours of football, GST, running. Oh, and sprinting from one class to another up two flights of stairs with a backpack, because you won't lose this time ![]()
abs are made in the kitchen...
arapahoepark said:Definition of a lot please.
More than you think. Professional bodybuilders work out six days a week. I'm currently doing F1 4 days a week and that's having noticeable effects on my body composition, without me even focusing on losing weight. But I know i could get MUCH better results if I did cardio 3-4 times a week as well as better nutrition.
F1(7) three times a week h1 3 times a week and running 3 times a week plus just eating craptons of veggies and a decent amount of protein is how I managed it, although travel for so long has made it more difficult. Looking forward to getting back to real life so I can slim down the body fat and beef up the muscle again.
Bipocni said:More than you think. Professional bodybuilders work out six days a week. I'm currently doing F1 4 days a week and that's having noticeable effects on my body composition, without me even focusing on losing weight. But I know i could get MUCH better results if I did cardio 3-4 times a week as well as better nutrition.
this is where I'm at right now. my sporadic eating (sometime's ill eat 2, maybe all 4-5 times daily) and sleep schedule is the weak link but i'm still getting results.
I find that a consistent routine of 3 sets of Fork Putdowns a day will really work your core and give it the aesthetics you want !
Okay, so how do you do it with a 10 hour per day office job and two kids to look after? ![]()
Aadil Siddiqi said:1-4 hours of football, GST, running. Oh, and sprinting from one class to another up two flights of stairs with a backpack, because you won't lose this time
only sprint to class if you want to look funny and be sweaty by the time you get to your seat. otherwise, please don't (unless you actually need to).
Primate said:Okay, so how do you do it with a 10 hour per day office job and two kids to look after?
It's tough. I remember when I was frequently working 18+ hour shifts at work, and my body composition turned to crap. Eventually I realised that I wanted to be strong more than I wanted the money, so I started taking less hours and found made time to workout.
It's all about priorities. F1 can be done in 20-40 minutes, and if you workout at home you can probably find make the time if you're really trying. There's 168 hours in a week. You can't find 2 or 3 to spare?
Remember, intensity beats volume every time, and:
MT Nordic said:abs are made in the kitchen...
Bipocni said:(...) intensity beats volume every time (...)
Maybe not every time though. ![]()
If you workout 3-4 times a week. After your GST And/or weight training(i now mix both) add some tabata training after your workout. 20 seconds of burpees or sprints all out i find the best. 30 minutes before you eat, drink two glasses or more of water. It helps you eat less and water burns calories. And if you are having say, a couple burgers, a big salad, and water. Drink some water first, eat alot of your salad, then eat your burger. The water and volume in the lettuce and carrots and whatever else is in it has very little calories and will fill you up. After that eat your burger(s). You will find that you cant eat as many burgers and your overall intake of food will be lower. Do this for all meals of the day, you may be able to drop your caloric intake about 250-1000 calories. It really depends though.
I recommend doing this when you are trying to get shredded. The dropped caloric intake on top of the tabata training i mentioned, will put you in a great state to burn fat.
Tip: Drink a lot of Green Tea a day. 2 cups when you wake up, 2 before you workout.. Green tea is a thermogenic and will help your body burn more energy and fat during workouts and throughout the day. Not to mention the other incredible health benefits of this super beverage. Superior hydration as opposed to water, helps keep out sickness, protects kidneys, stronger bones.. The list goes on and on.
I hope all this helps! Good luck man.
Tavis G, on 08 Aug 2013 - 06:12 AM, said:(...) water burns calories (...)
Drink a lot of Green Tea a day. 2 cups when you wake up, 2 before you workout.. Green tea is a thermogenic and will help your body burn more energy and fat during workouts and throughout the day. Not to mention the other incredible health benefits of this super beverage. Superior hydration as opposed to water, helps keep out sickness, protects kidneys, stronger bones. (...)
Aside from very cold water that the body needs to heat, how does water burn calories?
Green tea's main health benefit is that you must first boil the water.......... which in countries like China is recommended.
Outside of that, your beliefs are your only asset in this fight!
Please help me understand what you really mean by "superior hydration"? ![]()
When you mention about the "incredible" health benefits of green tea
, I do agree and will not lend them any credibility!
Water burns calories by having to mix the right amount of sodium with the water in your stomach. Two cups of water burns about 20-26 calories i believe.
Green Tea's health benefits are are pretty amazing actually.
Superior Hydration, as in since the water is boiled, it is cleaner and has a mix of very powerful antioxidants. I dont really mean 'Supperior' like water to Gatorade during intense sweats and exertion. I meant it hydrates just as good as water but it has nutrients in it that water doesnt have.
*Edit: My 'beliefs' on Green Tea are not beliefs. They are actually scientifically studied.
Tavis G said:Water burns calories by having to mix the right amount of sodium with the water in your stomach. Two cups of water burns about 20-26 calories i believe.
No...
Tavis G said:since the water is boiled, it is cleaner
Where are you getting this from? It seems to me that it would actually have more chemicals as by boiling you lose some water but the chemicals don't go away (well at least most of them).
I'm not a chemist, though.
It still interests me whether people drink hot water for a reason or not.
I dont drink hot water. I could care less about my water. I get it right out of the tap. Unless im making some tea.
Tavis G said:(...) My 'beliefs' on Green Tea are not beliefs (...)
LOL ![]()
Edgaron said:Where are you getting this from? It seems to me that it would actually have more chemicals as by boiling you lose some water but the chemicals don't go away (well at least most of them).
I'm not a chemist, though.
It still interests me whether people drink hot water for a reason or not.
- Boiling water kills most germs, fecal bacteria, amoeba, maybe some worms eggs, and a lot of various nasty parasites. Chemicals are the least of your worries when drinking water some places.
- Chinese drink hot water because of cultural reasons. Albeit, if you ask them, they'll all have a different form of rationalizing what I think is mostly a habit. They regard westerner's habit of drinking cold water as bad for health, and most regrettably share the tendency of drinking hot beer with the Pommies. ![]()