This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Week 1 Newbie questions (and possible website bug?)

Started by babytrex, August 4, 2013 · 6 Replies · 190 Views

babytrex
Greetings,

 

I just purchased F1 and am planning on starting my workout tomorrow (3 days/week). Things seem pretty straightforward but I do have some questions.

 

1) Under the "Your First Workout" tab, it says "Your first workout will always be PE1 and PE1>iM Week 11 for every element." Does this mean I skip to the workouts on week 11 for my very first week? If so, what is the purpose of this? I thought we were supposed to build slowly? 

 

2) I created a 3 day/week workout configuration and when I load it with "View your saved workout" I can only see Week B. Is there a web bug that prevents me from seeing Week A? 

 

3) For the Stiff Leg Windmill (MN/PE1>iM) what weight dumbbell should I use (I'm 5'9" and ~160 lbs)? Is a kettlebell an appropriate substitute? I currently have 25, 32, 44, and 53 lb kettlebells.

 

thanks!

Mike

 

Christian

Can't answer no 2, but.

1 You test mastery (week 11) to see if you pass or how close you are. If you are very close, start week 9, not so close week 5 and total failure week 1.

3 KB is fine. Use a weight that makes it possible for you to focus on the ROM and stretch. It's not a strength exercise.

Alessandro Mainente

Probably you need to start with light weight maybe 3-5 kg. the problem can be not the stretch caused by the dumbell/KB but the effect of it on shoulder joint when you try to stabilize the arm above your shoulder.

babytrex

I just tried it with my 25 pound (~10 kg) kettlebell and I think you're right... it's probably a bit heavy, at least for me. Sadly I do not have any other smaller weights around. Would a wine bottle (~1.6 pounds) be sufficient weight? I'm trying to figure out a creative solution... :)

 

thanks!

Mike

pghgymnastics

A gallon of water is 8 lbs.   If you have an unopened jug of water that may work. 

Michael S.
babytrex said:

I just tried it with my 25 pound (~10 kg) kettlebell and I think you're right... it's probably a bit heavy, at least for me. Sadly I do not have any other smaller weights around. Would a wine bottle (~1.6 pounds) be sufficient weight? I'm trying to figure out a creative solution... :)

 

thanks!

Mike

I used a bottle filled up with sand from a local playground. Its better to use a not too light weight to start, so look for something like 4-5lbs initially at least (or more if you can handle it).

palleon86

I didn't have access to dumbbells for 5 months and was using a backpack with some books in it.  I was less than ideal and I have no idea what the actual weight was but regardless my shoulder feels better for it.