This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question About Pushups

Started by SuperBru, August 3, 2013 · 7 Replies · 403 Views

SuperBru

Is it acceptable if you take a 1 second rest at the top every now and then? So in other words you stop when you get to the top and then go back down.

Keegan Y

I don't see why it would be a problem. However, doing so generally is a sign of fatigue, so having to do so means that you have not yet reached mastery of that set/rep scheme.

Bipocni

If you can, try to take a 1 second "rest" at the bottom of each rep instead.  B-)

Jon Douglas

Pause to kill your momentum is good, rest is bad IMO. If you sag or arch, you are into sub par reps and shouldn't consider it mastered in that case

SuperBru

Thanks for the help guys, I don't sag at all. The best thing is probably to go back a microcycle. 

MrPuppeh

I pause for one sec at the top and at the bottom to kill momentum - So i have all the reps controlled.

SuperBru
MrPuppeh said:

I pause for one sec at the top and at the bottom to kill momentum - So i have all the reps controlled.

I like that, it's all about control. :)

Adriano Augusto

Push ups with that kind of volume and tempo in F1 are like hell, trust me, I've spent 3 months on them. They're tricky, but you've to do it right with tempo and form (kiss the floor and touch it with the pecs is literal) to do the mastery.

 

As for your questions, is already answered.

 

Good luck!