Wrist Push Ups

Started by usalvr2, February 9, 2009 · 4 Replies · 3,220 Views

usalvr2

So, okay guys, i'm 'trying' (note the quotes) to do the wod's. And, I have to tell you: The wrist push ups STINK! They kill. It feels as though my wrists are going to break!

And, I am looking for help.

Can someone please enlighten me as to 'why in the stinking world' we are dong wrist push ups! :) I know there is a good reason, I just dont know that reason.

Sinc, --g.

Richard Duelley

They are a great wrist prehab exercise. Basically you are doing the movement to help strengthen the wrist and forearm to help prevent injury.

They also used to hurt a lot for me, just start on your knees and pike down into the push up, ie take as much weight off of your arms as needed. It took me a few months to build up to full ROM wrist pushups so just stick to it.

Blairbob

usalvr2, start off with your hips at a 90 degree angle and do them. they are not supposed to hurt. you are supposed to go slow with them as a slower rep is better than a fast rep.

Neal Winkler

Ditto what Blairbob said. I do them on my knees with my hips bent because my wrists are not strong enough yet. When you do them properly they will not hurt and will actually make your wrists feel better after a workout that has you bending them back a lot.

usalvr2

You guys are the best! Thanks for help.

sinc, --g.