This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Struggling With Some of the PEs

Started by Aadil Siddiqi, August 2, 2013 · 4 Replies · 259 Views

Aadil Siddiqi

I have been struggling with some of the PEs in F1, as my form doesn't seem to match whats in the videos. The problems are as follows:

SLS PE1: I can't seem to keep my feet together doing the Deck Squats. When I do them with my feet slitly apart, my knees internally rotate. My form on the iM is pretty good, though.

MN PE1: I'm not exactly sure whether I should be balanced on my lower back or on my glutes while doing the exercise. I don't get any abdominal activation when on my glutes, but I cannot bring my chest close to my legs on my lower back.

sPl PE1>iM: I cannot get my knees to the floor, they remain a couple of inches off. This can be fixed by stretching the internal and external rotators of the hips, but wouldn't stretching my internal rotators exacerbate the SLS issue?

Thanks, Aadil

Keegan Y

SLS PE1: try sitting in a "paleo squat" with your feet together. Chances are either your ankles are tight (tight Soleus muscles and/or weak Anterior Tibialis), or your hip Abductors/external rotators (Gluteus Medius/Minimus) are weak/inactive and causing your knees to collapse

MN PE1: you should be on your butt, but you should be contracting your abs (Posterior Pelvic Tilt as well as forward spinal flexion) to pull your knees to your chest/chest to your knees and should feel your abs working while doing so.

sPL IM1: stretching the external rotators should not exacerbate your issues in SLS PE1 (assuming you don't stop working on working on that exercise), but what you should also focus on in my experience is strengthening the internal rotators (and external rotators if you are also unable to get that leg down as well).

Good luck

Aadil Siddiqi

Thanks :)

-MR
Aadil Siddiqi said:

I have been struggling with some of the PEs in F1, as my form doesn't seem to match whats in the videos. The problems are as follows:

SLS PE1: I can't seem to keep my feet together doing the Deck Squats. When I do them with my feet slitly apart, my knees internally rotate. My form on the iM is pretty good, though.

MN PE1: I'm not exactly sure whether I should be balanced on my lower back or on my glutes while doing the exercise. I don't get any abdominal activation when on my glutes, but I cannot bring my chest close to my legs on my lower back.

sPl PE1>iM: I cannot get my knees to the floor, they remain a couple of inches off. This can be fixed by stretching the internal and external rotators of the hips, but wouldn't stretching my internal rotators exacerbate the SLS issue?

Thanks, Aadil

SLS PE1: I don't think you need to have your feet stuck together. In the video, it appears the athlete keeps them apart. I really fail to see why keeping one's feet together would be beneficial. 

 

MN PE1: How many reps are you doing? I didn't feel that these were working my abs until I got above 9 or ten reps, so it may just be that you're at a level that isn't taxing for you. 

 

sPl PE1: Not sure what to say other than keep working on it, and that no, improving your internal rotation will not exacerbate your SLS issues (try the SLS with legs apart though). 

Aadil Siddiqi

The athlete in the video has his feet close to each other, not glued together. Deck Squats with my feet at regular squat width are easy.

I think you might be right about MN/PE1, because when I moved it up to week 9, i started to feel it. But I still can't seem to get enough compression that way.