This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Newbie-question about SL/PE1

Started by APOSTOLOS, August 2, 2013 · 4 Replies · 179 Views

APOSTOLOS

Hi,  I am Apostolos and have recently purchased F1 and now I am in week 5.I want to ask something about SL/PE1 (Arch Body Hold).

 

When I do this exercise I have a bit of strain on the lower back or near it and also afterwards(the other day).I was wondering if I do The Improved Cobra stretch before this exercise it will fix this problem.

 

Is it  something that I may be doing wrong?

 

Any feedback will be highly appreciated!

 

 

Keilani Gutierrez

on a scale from one to ten, how does your lower back actually feel? one being close to unnoticeable, ten being unbearable.

Every once in a while, when I do get that sensation, when I come down from the Arch body hold, just get into the stretch and do a small contraction with your abs, stand up, do the iM, repeat.

the purpose of the iM is supposed to help with the mobility for this exercise but if you feel any discomfort while performing it, perform a small duration cobra and stand up, do the iM.

if you dont feel it during the exercise, completely the workout and in your warmup/cool down, do a few sets. i wouldnt know exactly for how much time but stretching feels good after 20-30secs for me, idk how long it would take you to relax and feel the pressure leave.

also, I do not know how tight your hip flexors might be because i used to have a mild discomfort and it has been replaced with "pump".

take what I say with a grain of salt, if there is anything else that needs to be omitted or focused on, a moderator will step in and give you their official thoughts on the matter

Aadil Siddiqi

I had some pretty bad soreness the next day from Arch Holds, but you get used to it eventually

APOSTOLOS

Keilani,

 

"on a scale from one to ten, how does your lower back actually feel? one being close to unnoticeable, ten being unbearable."

 

It feels about 2-3.

 

I see,I will first add the cobra stretch and see what happens.I will also stretch a bit the hip flexors before the exercise and try to expiriment around those things!

Vincearoo

I had this in the beginning. Step back to the previous cycle and build back up. It took me two cycles to feel good and now I'm progressing rapidly through the weeks.