This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F1 Exercises Re order - Order Change?

Started by crashnburn, August 1, 2013 · 2 Replies · 193 Views

crashnburn
e.g. 
Bunch 1
FL /PE1 Xs x Y
sPL /PE1 Xr x Y
HBP /PE1 X r x Y
RC /PE1 X r x Y

 

Bunch 2

MN /PE1 X r x Y
SL /PE1 X s x Y
SLS /PE1 X r x Y
 
For the BUNCH 1 and BUNCH 2 certain exercises are by TIME (Seconds - s) and some by REPETITIONS (Reps - r)
 
Within the BUNCH - I find it easier mentally to do all TIME based in one go (using a timer) and then do REPS based by COUNT. Or I can do the opposite. 
 
But its mentally a mix up when shifting between TIME and REPS. 
 
Would it be okay to reorder / change the order within the BUNCH? 
 
e.g. 
Bunch 1
FL /PE1 Xs x Y
sPL /PE1 Xr x Y
HBP /PE1 X r x Y
RC /PE1 X r x Y

 

Bunch 2

SL /PE1 X s x Y
MN /PE1 X r x Y
SLS /PE1 X r x Y
 
Jon Douglas

Why wouldn't it be?

 

Once you get past the static holds for FL though, you'll be thankful they're in the order they are, as naturally FL work moves to shoulder/upper back prep from straight body work.

Bipocni

Do whatever you want, but it may screw up your shot at mastery.  For example, I have real trouble with the compression required for deck squats, just because my core is so tired by the time I get to that point.

 

Just remember, later on the exercises switch from timed holds to reps, or back again.  I'd recommend you re-test mastery every time you shuffle the order, if you're going to keep moving them around.