This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F1 Rep Based Exercise - Tempo

Started by Sam London, August 1, 2013 · 3 Replies · 153 Views

Sam London

Which tempo should I follow when performing the rep based exercises? So far I have been attempting to follow the exact same tempo as demonstrated in the videos (although I have not seen this explicitly stated anywhere). Sorry if this is pedantic but I just want to make sure I am doing this correctly.

SuperBru

I just follow the tempo that the athlete is demonstrating, apart from pushups (slower tempo). 

Jon Douglas

I'm not sure it matters. I don't like artificially slowing down movements unless there's a reasn for it (like the exaggerated negative dips). The more important factor is to be totally sure you are killing all momentum at the top and bottom with something like a 1 second static hold.

Bipocni
Charm said:

The more important factor is to be totally sure you are killing all momentum at the top and bottom

This.  Just make sure you're doing each movement with control, without any excess momentum or bouncing around.