Morning Nutrition

Started by Fluidity, August 1, 2013 · 8 Replies · 2,935 Views

Fluidity

When it comes to waking up early first thing in the morning and doing an intense workout, should I stick with what Joshua recommends for post workout, or should I go straight to breakfast after my workout?

Blairbob

Bacon and Eggs.

This is known.

;)

Christian

Eggs and bacon also works.

Joshua Naterman

I don't think it matters all THAT much, especially if you are getting in enough calories. 

 

If you're working out immediately after waking up I would strongly consider getting 30g of whey protein, along with at least 20-30g of carbs, before you work out. That shouldn't be enough stuff in your stomach to cause you any issues with your workout if you take it 15 minutes before hand. It's worth waking up 10-15 minutes earlier to do this, if you don't already have that kind of a lead time.

Joshua Slocum
Joshua Naterman said:

I don't think it matters all THAT much, especially if you are getting in enough calories. 

 

If you're working out immediately after waking up I would strongly consider getting 30g of whey protein, along with at least 20-30g of carbs, before you work out. That shouldn't be enough stuff in your stomach to cause you any issues with your workout if you take it 15 minutes before hand. It's worth waking up 10-15 minutes earlier to do this, if you don't already have that kind of a lead time.

My recommendation along these lines: a scoop of whey protein in a glass of nonfat chocolate milk. It has about 40g of protein and carbs, tastes delicious, and won't weigh down your stomach. Substitute chocolate almond or soy milk if you don't like dairy.

Daniel Burnham

Muffins pre morning workout with a scoop of whey or bcaa works well. I have actually started to stay away from whey unless it is isopure because other brands make me feel sluggish.

3D Guy

i used to workout in a fasted state, with an onvernight feed...

 

now, i prefere to have a small apple with some whey

Keilani Gutierrez

whey, acai, oats with some added flavoring for this guy ^_^

Oh man...I want me some bacon right now.

Vincearoo

Some hot cheetos to get the body warm.