Yesterday I was practising circles on a mushroom with a bucket for assistance. At the end of the gym session, all of my upper body is dead. This morning nearly everything is sore. My shoulders are sore (especially the anterior deltoid), so are the lats, abdominals, back muscles, pecs are slightly sore, traps are sore, forearms are sore. I can barely open or close a tap because of sore forearms! Its f@#king mental!
I can't remember the last time bodyweight exercise makes me sore like that, I really can't. I definitely want to do some horse work again once my upper body has healed.
I reckon Coach Sommer should put in horse work in his BtGB programme, circles/flares/windmills/kehrs/stockli loops/whatever condition your upper body like never before! I get the feeling horses are better than rings. Maybe horses work everything in one go as oppose to rings which works individual muscles or a group of them depending on what skill you're doing.