Hip Issue

Started by Fluidity, July 29, 2013 · 3 Replies · 1,945 Views

Fluidity

I seem to keep getting a nerve like pain whenever I put a lacrosse ball on my upper hamstrings and this usually happens when I smash and floss my upper hanstrings. What are the possible cases for this? I do have an insignificant nerve pain by my hip when I walk sometimes and it doesn't usually bother me unless I put a lacrosse ball for flossing.

FredInChina

It is probably not an issue; there are areas of the body where pressing will unpleasantly trigger underlying nerves. Move your ball to another area to play with. :)

These areas are well known and sometimes used to enforce compliance without resorting to excessive force.

Fluidity
FredInChina said:

It is probably not an issue; there are areas of the body where pressing will unpleasantly trigger underlying nerves. Move your ball to another area to play with. :)

These areas are well known and sometimes used to enforce compliance without resorting to excessive force.

Yea I checked it out based on the info I found online and apparently it was an irritated sciatic nerve. I guess all I got to do is some low intensity stuff on my runs for it to go back to normal. 

Keilani Gutierrez

not sitting down so much or standing up periodically has helped me with phantom "middle-of-nowhere" tightness/discomfort/nerve pain in my butt. 

 

(my personal experience since i recently changed to a stand up desk but still drive consistently)