This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F1/f2 on holidays

Started by Robmob, July 29, 2013 · 8 Replies · 285 Views

Robmob

Hello guys,

On wednesday ill be going to London, and Ill be staying at my brothers who doesnt own any workout gear, or go to a gym. Since I wont be able to train any RC elements, or any higher MN or HBP stuff what should I do instead?

RC I dont see anything possible.

MN i would do N sit holds altough im currently on PE6.

HBP I would do PPP and pushups till failure.

Any open ideas are appreciated.

Also about the food, I might not be able to eat as much protien as I should, is that gonna be a biggie?

Thanks

Micawberian

Which PE are you on in each of these movements?

You can use trees for RC. Might take a bit of searching to find a good branch. Hang your rings or yourself from them (rings go through airport security no problem). For the iM you could find a rail. Lots of rails in London.

For MN PE6 you can find a short stick and crossways attach it using rope to a tree branch or a similar object to mimic a stall bar.

For HBP I'm guessing you are on dips which is why you have decided to go to failure on pushups/PPP? Dip variations can be done easily from chairs. Barstools for Russian dips. Tree branch for Korean dips and XR dips/XR bulgarian.

If you have some problem with all that, there are plently of parks with playgrounds in London.

FredInChina

1- go to the park

2- buy a burger on the way back

3- don't tell your brother ;)

 

:)

Robmob

RC im trying to get to the mastery of PE6 but strength wise im on PE 13, so I do both in a workout, focusing on PE6 way more than any other pullups.

HBP im on ring dips ( had to skip russian because Im lacking the equipment).

I dont quite get the Manna replacement, nor do i see how stools can be used for russian dips. Can you expand on that?

The trees and rails sound good, just dont know where about he lives and hope there is a decent tree, this brings me back last year where i improvised by using the roof of a bungalow as a bar alternative.

Might take the rings, altough it seems like a bit of a hassle, ill have to have an internal dilemma.

A burger sounds good, but knowing me and my protein needs its more like 5 McDonalds cheesburgers and a bigmac :)

Why should i tell my bro lol?

Thanks

Mats Trane

For RC try towel pull ups

Robmob

Sorry for the stupid question, but you mean towel pullups on the branch instead of pe 13?

Mats Trane

ok for PE 13 I would go with a branch or a bar at a local playground.

When i was travellng last christmas I exchanged a rope with towel pull ups. Hang the towel over a bar or branch and do pullups to simulate the actual rope.

ChrisUK

I live in London...and am actually traveling to America on Wednesday :P (to NJ). We have a couple workout parks here.

 

Google "Primrose hill workout park" it's got poles, bars, rings, you name it. Some of the guys there are inspirational monsters. It's pretty central and a really nice area though, so don't worry. Oh, and it's a beautiful little spot not many people know about unless you're pretty in to physical culture, so you may end up getting some good feedback from the guys there. (It is more street workout/progressive calisthenics than gymnastic orientated though a couple gymnasts show up.)

Robmob
ChrisUK said:

I live in London...and am actually traveling to America on Wednesday :P (to NJ). We have a couple workout parks here.

 

Google "Primrose hill workout park" it's got poles, bars, rings, you name it. Some of the guys there are inspirational monsters. It's pretty central and a really nice area though, so don't worry. Oh, and it's a beautiful little spot not many people know about unless you're pretty in to physical culture, so you may end up getting some good feedback from the guys there. (It is more street workout/progressive calisthenics than gymnastic orientated though a couple gymnasts show up.)

I literally just saw this post as I got back, I was in parks like hyde and regent and was wondering where the bars where, oh well next time ill know i guess.