Hi All,
When I first started the frog stand I was unable to get my hands anywhere near my toes. My arms just seemed too short. So I started doing the frog stand as close as I was able to get them (which was probably about a foot or so away).
I tested myself today and to my surprise I found that I can now hold that position for around a minute. Most importantly is that it was easy - the duration seemed predicated more on my focus and balance than on strength. Thus time to move on, right?
However, I am unable to get into a solid straight arm frog stand with my hands that far away ... so I tried the bent arm frog stand with my hands right next to my toes. Lo and behold I was able to do it, but it was much more difficult. Seems like the biggest difference is that my hips are lower with my hands closer to my toes.
I have also tried straightening my arms while in the bent arm frog stand and this definitely taxes me as well.
My question is, should I revisit the static bent arm frog stand with closer-to-the-toes hand position, or take option two and leave my hands where I had them but work on pressing/lifting upwards while in position? Which will be more helpful in getting me to a straight arm frog stand?
- Chris