Where are the Xtreme Rings?

Started by adimi24, July 28, 2013 · 10 Replies · 4,000 Views

adimi24

I see all these stickies about Xtreme rings from 2008, where can I actually buy them? 

A google search just brings up a bunch of EXF ring results.  

Are Xtreme rings not around anymore?  What is the next best ring (cheaper the better)?

Keilani Gutierrez

Xtreme rings are currently out of stock ^_^ 

 

they'll be available soon

adimi24

Where would I even find them? Products section on GB?

 

Any clue when they'll be available? I need to get them within 3 weeks before I leave the country

Bipocni

Just do an amazon search for rings.  They'll be cheap and shitty, but not so bad if you wrap a layer of tape around them.

adimi24

Rogue rings seem pretty good, $75 or there's these wooden Mdusa rings for Crossfit ( don't know why so many of these rings specify for crossfit? ) or should I just get $37 ones on Amazon or even the really cheap ones for $20.  I assume I'd need to upgrade once I get to more advanced moves?

Bipocni
adimi24 said:

Rogue rings seem pretty good, $75 or there's these wooden Mdusa rings for Crossfit ( don't know why so many of these rings specify for crossfit? ) or should I just get $37 ones on Amazon or even the really cheap ones for $20.  I assume I'd need to upgrade once I get to more advanced moves?

Rings designed for strength training are different from the rings used in artistic gymnastics.  Even with the Xtreme rings, it's not recommended that you swing on them.  That being said, I can't imagine any advanced strength moves should cause you a problem.

adimi24

So are the Xtreme rings going to be in any time soon?  

 

Wooden Rogue rings seem to be the best best other than the Xtreme's.  My only concern is the straps.  Are these easily adjusted and setup/taken down easily?  I will have to find somewhere outside or hopefully a spot in the gym at college to hang them and I'd be putting them up and down every workout

joer

I'm also curious when the Xtream rings will be available for purchase again. If relatively soon, I'd rather wait and purchase them here from GB.

Timophes

Greetings,

 

They are currently out of stock and making some improvements before bringing them back. There's currently no release date on when that will happen.

 

This is the answer I received when I emailed them 5 days ago.

 

Thanks

Timophes

joer

Thanks Timophes, I may try to hold out for them to come back.

adimi24

I ended up buying the wooden Rogue rings.  Haven't done much with them yet but so far they're pretty cool