Hello everyone,
I just bought Foundation 1 and 2. I am preparing to make a 10 year commitment to mastering Coach Sommer's Foundations, but I am still in my planning stages. Tomorrow I will test where I am at in Foundation 1 after my 6 a.m. walk.
To prevent myself from getting overwhelmed I am trying to deal with all the logistics meaning I looked at all of the exercises that require equipment not at my gym and I am trying to plan my life in a way that I have that equipment or I will be in a location or have the ability to easily travel to a location where I can access that equipment.
I have determined that stall bars is at the top of my list of things I may not be able to substitute with other things. I also need a pommel horse especially in Foundation 2, but I think that is something I can find substitutes for depending on the exercise.
I saw the DIY post, but for me the time spent making it will outweigh the costs of just buying it.
I'm still doing more shopping, but the best price I have seen is on this site:
http://www.stallbars.com/Home.html
That is about $260 with shipping and with 10$ sales tax (in WA state) that would be just below $300.
When I compare that picture to the DIY Sticky post picture in the Equipment forum they look pretty identical so I think it is a safe bet, but I want to ask more qualified people since I am new to this area of fitness and health.
My only concerns are:
1. Am I buying from the right source?
2. Are the stall bars adequate for Coach Sommer's exercises?
3. Will the company give me clear instructions and hopefully refer me to a video to look at how to assemble it?
4. Can I attach the stall bars to dry wall in my garage or do I need a sturdier type of wall?
(I weigh about 190lbs now, but my end goal in a year is 204lbs- 194lbs lean mass and 10lbs fat mass so 5% body fat. I have already lost 35lbs since December 2012).
Those are all the questions I have when I try to foresee possible obstacles in my process of acquiring and using this piece of equipment on my gymnastic journey.
Looking at pommel horses they seem like there are too much so I am going to either have to substitute them or find a place that has one.
I have rings, dumbbells, and a pull up bar. I also have access to a full mainstream (non-gymnastic) gym so I believe stall bars are the only item I need.
Let me know what you guys think and any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Best,
Alex