This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

About Us Page Bios

Started by Cory Fair, July 26, 2013 · 2 Replies · 24 Views

Cory Fair

It occurred to me it would've been just as easy to post the bio request here  :facepalm:

 

 

Joshua Slocum:

 

 

I first began training gymnastics as a freshman at MIT in 2006, and I've been training non-stop since then. Initially I was drawn to gymnastics by a love of flipping and swinging, but soon became fascinated with ring strength as well. In my training, I always try to be very detail-oriented, placing much emphasis on form and control. My training philosophy might be summarized as "learn it right the first time."
 
Outside of gymnastics I have many hobbies. Among other things, I hack electronics; spin fire props; train partner acrobatics; home-brew beer, wine, cider and mead; and study neuroscience. I currently work as a software engineer in Boston, and continue to train gymnastics at MIT 10-15 hours a week.
 
581527_866032057658_781122838_n.jpg
Cory Fair
Zach Armijo:
 
I like to think of myself as being saved by Coach Sommer and the community he has built. On a long and complicated journey for a more functional and superior way of training, I came to what would have been my unfortunate indoctrination into the Scientology of today's fitness trend: Crossfit. Luckily I had a friend who is also an incredible personal trainer give me a pair of rings and a Jordan Jovtchev DVD. I was immediately hooked and became enveloped in the world of Gymnastic Strength Training™, which ultimately led me to here: Gymnastic Bodies. You could say my "real" training began when Building the Gymnastic Bodies was released and the rest is history. 
 
As a self described Disciple of Sommer, the biggest things that I emphasize in my training are constantly checking my ego, my form and my discipline. I value form above function and learn from every humbling experience that I face in my training. With these elements in constant check, there is no reason anybody shouldn't see themselves progress, improve and see the results they are seeking. 
 
I live in Thornton, Colorado as a Security Contractor for the Department of Defense at Buckley Air Force Base. When my time ins't spent on boxing and GB work, I dedicate my time to my wonderful family; my wife Abby, and 2 boys Matthew (3yrs) and Dillon (4mos). I also spend a good chunk of time training with private contractors to better myself at always being ready to fight the good fight and protect what is most valuable to me in this world. 

 

 

(Picture pending)

 

If only I could keep this in lol. Cory.

Cory Fair

Mats Trane:

 

 

Lenght 170 cm
Weight 64 Kg
Age 50
Nationality Swedish
Family 3 kids + dog
Part owner of a small company 
 
Been doing different sports my whole life.
Mostly snowskiing, waterskiing and skateboard.
 
After almost working my self to death starting up a new company, I decided to start training again. As i had very limited time ( having a family and part owner of a company) I started doing body weight training at home. That saved alot of time since I did not have to go (travel) to a traditional gym. I was also inspired by my son who trains gymnastics and took the easier exercises from their strenght workout.
By accident I found the GB website in 2008 and have since been following it nearly every day.
Got the rings and the book. Been to 3 seminars in Mallorca, Helsinki and Arizona.
I' m now into F1-F2 +H1. 2 months ago I decided to swallow my pride and go right back to the beginning of F1 to make sure to fix all possible weaknesses.
 
msg-90-0-64317800-1374813552.jpg