Hi everyone,
Firstly ...I don't mean that I get angry while training on rings at home! ![]()
Following a post I made earlier (click here to see it), I was wondering about the training effect of changing the spacing of the rings, in respect to training for elements such as the cross?
Due to the shorter length of most people's straps at home, the angle of the straps can become pretty steep when the rings are out at arms length. This will exert larger inward/sideways forces than when performing on an Olympic standard setup.
I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on whether this makes it easier or harder, and therefore what the training effect might be (possibly for progression's sake) if one were to move the anchor points further in or out?
My guess would be that it gets easier the closer in they get? I'd run out and give it a go, except I'm a) at work, b) too weak and c) too fat to be messing around with any kind of Cross exercises!
Cheers,
George.