This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Very tight lower back after ABH

Started by MrPuppeh, July 25, 2013 · 8 Replies · 222 Views

MrPuppeh

My Lower and mid back are tight the next day after ABH. And I feel kinda stiff all the time.

Do any of you guys feel the same ? And is there anything I can do about it ?

Alessandro Mainente

usually on the first day after the deload week. try to compensate the work you are doing with some lower back stretch.

this works for me, paired with some hamstring stretch with bend back.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rasc5XbX4e4

Michael S.

Kit Laughlin recommends  that after a back bending movement, you should do a forward bend to relieve  tension in the lower back, so just do a lower back stretch of your choice afterwards, for example this one:

 

lower_back_93-1.JPG.jpg

 

Also if your lower back really tightens up, maybe starting to stretch and foam roll your hip flexors is a good idea as probably your lower back is compensating for a lack of extension in the hips

Alessandro Mainente

there is not the only one, in his last DVD update with his book he is proposing different exercises as a recovery poses after backward bending.

Actually you have to use what is working for you.

FredInChina

What makes you think it is the ABH?

To me, it could be the windmills, the Jefferson curls, the straddle ups, even the deck or cossak squats that tighten up your lower back.

Which variation & week are you at on the other exercises? :)

Michael S.
alex87 said:

there is not the only one, in his last DVD update with his book he is proposing different exercises as a recovery poses after backward bending.

Actually you have to use what is working for you.

true, but i didnt want to go into to much detail from his book. This one is quite common though and was supposed to serve as an example only

MrPuppeh
FredInChina said:

What makes you think it is the ABH?

To me, it could be the windmills, the Jefferson curls, the straddle ups, even the deck or cossak squats that tighten up your lower back.

Which variation & week are you at on the other exercises? :)

Cuz ABH is the hardest of all in the world.

I think I have stopped progressing at it, lol. Will start a new newbie cycle next week.

FredInChina
MrPuppeh said:

Cuz ABH is the hardest of all in the world.

 

ROFL! I think you've made a friend for life here MrPuppeh :D

Was it Charm that wrote that you must keep at doing your nemesis exercises until they become your strong suit? :) (paraphrased)

Jon Douglas
FredInChina said:

ROFL! I think you've made a friend for life here MrPuppeh :D

Was it Charm that wrote that you must keep at doing your nemesis exercises until they become your strong suit? :) (paraphrased)

I have no doubt I shouted something of the sort while waving a wineglass belligerently. Think the one you're thinking of in this case is probably Daniel though, who said it more elegantly and less rage-fully.