This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Lower back pain with Manna progressions

Started by amardeep, July 24, 2013 · 4 Replies · 141 Views

amardeep

With MN/PE1, MN/PE2, and MN/PE3, i find that i am not able to perform more than 8-10 reps per set, as start having pain in lower back. It is mild initially, but if i continue trying to get one more rep, it feels as if it will cramp badly. I started with MN/PE1, reached to 4 sets of 10, but then couldn't progress further. Tried MN/PE2, and that too followed the same pattern.

 

I am guessing that it is because i end up arching my lower back slightly during the movement. For eg., i can't lie down in supine position with hands and legs and my lower back completely on floor. Any suggestion how to improve this?

 

BTW, just to test, i tried MN/PE4, and found it a breeze. Even a set of 5 reps of MN/PE5 was straightforward.

 

Lower back also hurts with FL/PE2 after like 36 reps, though no issues with FL/PE1.

 

Any suggestions?

 

Thanks,

Amar

Jon Douglas

I would work on some more hollow holds, with a focus on pushing lower back into the ground. In your position I would work straddle hollow hold concurrently with the bent rocks, and if possible work on supine PPT (see H1 for details on PPT drills)

amardeep
Charm said:

I would work on some more hollow holds, with a focus on pushing lower back into the ground. In your position I would work straddle hollow hold concurrently with the bent rocks, and if possible work on supine PPT (see H1 for details on PPT drills)

Thanks. I will try that. Any recommendation for any stretches specific to this?

Jon Douglas
amardeep said:

Thanks. I will try that. Any recommendation for any stretches specific to this?

Keilani has a load of posts on correcting his problems with this one, he'd be a better person to ask.

Alessandro Mainente

stretch your hamstring, when you try to lift your legs you cannot generate to much strength to actively elongate the hamstring during the v-ups. so your are doing an impressive amount of effort trying to elongate your tight hamstring. when your hips flexor fail to maintain the legs near the torso  your body could compensate by arching the lower back and this is the why you feel the lower back fatigued, ideally i feel impressive cramps after 25-30 Vups without relaxing between reps. 

try that and let us now if it works.

 

of course good opinions are in the Kellani post.