Is foot position important for these prone movements? My heels tend to fall out to the side (especially during planche leans with the torso sag), and I find I tend to pike more when I bring them together.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Foot position during pushups, planche leans, etc.
Started by Sven Ravnstag, July 23, 2013 · 5 Replies · 204 Views
i 've seen coaches students performing planche leans with both foot positions. so i guess it's nkt that big of a deal. could be wrong though...
Oddly enough I've heard gymnasts perform their pushups with pointed feet, so the tops of their feet are resting on the ground.
I've also heard you should focus on pressing your heels together, to create more full body tension.
yeah, once i tried a Scap Shrug workout at 4x12 with pointed feet and my glutes/abs were getting more of a workout than my arms
I could feel the difference in the increased leverage
Bipocni said:Oddly enough I've heard gymnasts perform their pushups with pointed feet, so the tops of their feet are resting on the ground.
I've also heard you should focus on pressing your heels together, to create more full body tension.
Thanks for this! I just tried PL leans with an increased emphasis on plantar flexion (Sliding on a more proximal portion of the top of my foot) and I found all of the things mentioned above PLUS my heels naturally came together!
Steve Sisk said:Thanks for this! I just tried PL leans with an increased emphasis on plantar flexion (Sliding on a more proximal portion of the top of my foot) and I found all of the things mentioned above PLUS my heels naturally came together!
Glad I could help. ![]()