This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Transition from Old GTG Routine

Started by dr_dave, July 22, 2013 · 0 Replies · 90 Views

dr_dave

Greetings !

 

Just started Day One of Foundation 1/ Handstand 1 Course.

 

Level One / Week One was too easy,  but Level One / Week Five feels great.  Like I just had the greatest massage of my life.

 

I'm self employed so my previous workout was GTG pullups/chins, pushups, and Basic Ring Support Holds all day every day. 

 

Have been doing this routine since Building the Gymnastic Body Book+Video came out, (2008?) most of the stuff in the book was way too hard so I focused on the "easy" stuff LOL.

 

I was thinking about replacing the pullups with GTG stomach against the wall handstand holds, is this a bad idea?  

 

My goal is to find GTG things that will improve skills,and give a good workout and at the same time, enhance my progress with Foundation 1/ Handstand 1.

 

#1 Goal is DO NOT SCREW UP Foundation 1/ Handstand 1. 

 

For MMA/Martial Arts I have been training Russian Martial Art (Systema) anybody else here on the forum doing this?